Thursday, September 14, 2017

Fear Not

I watch from afar as so much of our country is recovering from the massive hurricanes that ravaged their homes and communities these last few weeks. I cry for their suffering, I marvel at their strength. And for those who were fortunate enough to still have homes standing...I watch them reaching out and working hard to help those who lost more.  It was Harry S. Truman who said...


This is being personified all across the Houston area and now in Florida and the surrounding areas as they need that same help. People helping people, calming the fears as clean up continues. Lives are being reshaped by both those in need and for those giving aid.  I truly stand all amazed and I'm humbled.

The truth is, it isn't just their problem, it's our problem. Because in America...United we stand. I bemoaned the fact that I can do nothing more than a widow's mite and my good son who lives in that storm tossed and drenched part of our country reminded me that not everyone can do everything but everyone can do something.

I encourage everyone who reads this to do whatever they can sincerely do, determined to do the job at hand even if it's but a widow's mite in comparison to those who can give more.








No comments:

Post a Comment